Over on Digital Publishing Australia Linda Funnell asked me some questions about Ebooks. Linda is convener of the Australian Society of Authors How to Publish Your Ebook series of workshops and has over 30 years Publishing experience. Linda worked for ten years as HarperCollins Publisher, Fiction and Literary Non-fiction. She is an editor, sometimes publisher and co-editor with Jean Bedford of The Newtown Review of Books.
Linda asked me:
- What do you like most about reading eBooks?
- What is the most important thing to keep in mind when publishing an eBook as opposed to a printed book?
- What is your preferred eReader? Do you have a favourite? Do you still read books printed on paper?
- Do authors have to work with social media – tweet, blog, Facebook – to sell their ebooks?
- What do you consider is the biggest pitfall for a self-publishing author?
- What is your definition of a successful eBook?
My answers to all these questions can be found over on Digital Publishing Australia’s site here. Just a hint though… some of the words I mention are: metadata, access, cover and (no surprises here) editor!
More details on the How to Publish Your Ebook series of workshops put on by the Australian Society of Authors can be found on my blog post here. How to book is found at the bottom of this page on the ASA site.